Sweet Treats For Sweet Kids!
Oct 09, 2017
Posted on Behalf of Lakewood Dental Trails
Lakewood Dental Trails thinks your kids are sweet. And let’s be clear: ‘sweet’ is a broad term. We could say things about kids such as:
“Aww, your kiddo is so sweet!”
“Hey Sweetie, we love it when you come to Lakewood Dental Trails.”
“You brush your teeth twice a day and floss one time per day? Sweet!”
We proudly offer Children’s Dentistry at Lakewood Dental Trails for all of the littlest sweeties! We care about all aspects of children’s teeth and dental care. This Halloween we’d like to give you some tips about treats for your little sweeties!
- Stay away from sticky candies. Sticky candies like to hang around in the teeth and attach themselves until they are removed through vigorous brushing and flossing.
- Avoid hard candies. These candies are supposed to be sucked. The longevity of time that they remain in your mouth soaks your teeth in sugar for long periods of time. They are can be harmful when they are bit into. Cracked teeth can result when biting into these candies that are meant to be sucked.
- Don’t allow your children to open manufacturer’s packaging with their teeth. Teeth are meant for eating, not for cutting like scissors.
- DO allow your child to eat dark chocolate.
- If you feel like you’re constantly saying, “no” with regards to sweet treats, why not have your child choose 10 pieces of candy that you can say “yes” to over the next 10 days (one piece per day). Donate the remainder of the candy.
This fall, book your pediatric dentistry today. We can’t wait to greet your little sweetie with a sweet smile!
Posted on behalf of Lakewood Dental Trails